This describes the installation on Hostpoint.
- Create a new subdomain wp.nosco.ch and also www.wp.nosco.ch.
- Assign SSL free to wp.nosco.ch (menu Websites). Use the tab “SSL Encryption” under wp.nosco.ch.
- Install WordPress (menu Websites/One-click Apps) into the subdomain wp.nosco.ch. The installed theme is “Twenty Twenty-One” that is the default scheme in 2021.
- Login into http://wp.nosco.ch/wp-login.php. Under Settings change “http” to “https”.
- Enable logging during development. In wp-config.php set:
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
See Using The WordPress Debug Log (Josh Pollock, 2014).
Messages are logged as
The log file is
wp-content/debug.log(on the Hostpoint server).
- Since the development proceeds directly on the Hostpoint server, it is convenient to edit the wp-files directly on the Hostpoint. This can be achieved by installing the plugin NppFTP for Notepad++. See e.g. a Hostinger tutorial. The editing works well but if an open file (e.g. debug.log) is changed by WordPress on the server the changes are not automatically displayed in Notepad++. It is needed to double-click on the file in the right browser window to download the updates.